Your smile is the first thing someone notices about you, and people often make a judgment about your personality based on your smile. With cosmetic dentistry your new smile can make you more self confident, have greater self esteem and drastically improve your personal life and career.
There are many different cosmetic dental procedures used to enhance a person's smile including teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns, tooth-colored fillings dental bonding, dental implants, dental bridges and partials.
In many cases, a combination of these techniques is required to deliver the best results.
- Teeth Whitening - Getting a white, sparkling smile is easier than you have
ever imagined. We offer Zoom!® in-office bleaching, which is a process that uses a special light to enhance the action of the bleaching agent, and Nite White® bleach with trays to help you keep your teeth
looking white and beautiful.
- Porcelain Veneers - Porcelain veneers can be a great alternative to traditional orthodontics to give the appearance of perfectly straight teeth without having to wear braces. Rotated and overlapping teeth can be corrected with veneers. Veneers can
also correct crowding, chipped, misshapen, or discolored teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns - Porcelain crowns are an extremely versatile cosmetic
and restorative dentistry treatment option. The entire tooth is covered or
capped in a porcelain crown. This gives us the ability to reshape your smile
in a way that looks more pleasing to you and to change the way your teeth
are coming together when you are chewing.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings - We can replace your silver amalgam fillings with
white or tooth-colored fillings that are more esthetically pleasing.
- Dental Bonding - Dental bonding with tooth colored, composite resin is used
a number of cosmetic imperfections. Dental bonding can be used to
fill gaps between teeth, fix chipped teeth, and to cover stains on the tooth’s surface.
- Dental Implants - Dental implants are an effective, natural way of replacing missing teeth. Patients who have lost teeth are able to regain their confidence with a beautiful, natural smile that will last a lifetime.
- Fixed Dental Bridges - If implants are not for you, then a bridge
may be a
good alternative to replace missing teeth. Bridges are fixed, unlike dentures,
and require good strong teeth to be placed upon. A bridge gives you your
natural smile back by eliminating a space where you lost a tooth.
- Dental Partials -
A dental partial is a removable dental appliance worn in the mouth to replace missing teeth. Your existing teeth help anchor the partial in your mouth and make it more stable while talking and chewing. In addition,
the partial prevents teeth above the missing teeth from super-erupting (growing
down into the area where the teeth are missing) and it prevents teeth from
either side of the space from shifting or drifting into the space where teeth are missing. We make great looking partials. Call us to set up a consult and we
can show you some good examples of great looking partials.
- Dentures - A denture is a removable dental appliance that replaces all teeth
that are missing. Some people have an upper denture. Some people have a lower denture. Some people have a complete set of dentures that replaces all teeth both in the upper arch and the lower arch. We make great natural-looking dentures. Call us today so we can help you get your smile back!
Zoom!® In-Office Teeth Whitening
NiteWhite® Bleach Trays for
At-Home Teeth Whitening
Copyright © 2012. All rights reserved.
Family Dentistry of Columbus
Dr. Marlon Murrell, DMD • Dr. Jay Polk, DM• Dr. Tommy Parker, DMD
3408-B University Avenue • Columbus, GA 31907 • Phone 706.563.5516 • Fax 706.563.5575
Website Designed and Hosted by Rivertown Web Works